"If you're the Queen of California, then baby I'm the King of the Rain."

-Counting Crows "Goodnight Elisabeth"

Thursday 29 September 2011

Slacking

Blargh; distractions, distractions.

I've been procrastinating on several areas lately, not least this blog. A quick catch up since I last posted:

- I have been offered the new job at work (officially).
- I have been given new hours (longer, different days, more money)
- There's no pay rise in it immediately, but that's because of the nature of the transition (more on that in a sec)
- Summer arrived! About 2 months late.

Anyway, onto the pay. Basically my job will be a slow transition from my current post (Customer Service) to one more IT related. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing, more that it involves a hell of a lot of different things that all mash together into a job. Don't get me wrong, variety is the spice of life - this just means that my pay will go up when I get into the flow of the job and, when my new boss gets to see if I'm any good at the work he sets me.

On another note, it seems I'll probably be moving out sooner than I expected. This has it's upsides and it's downsides, but overall is something that I've wanted to do for a long while - I just didn't expect it to pair up with the change of pace in my life that was accompanied also by my job change. Aren't things going a million miles an hour: no Ross, you're just lazy and compared to your snail's pace everything seems fast.

Oh well, I'll leave you with a random tablet art picture I did while amusing myself for whatever reason. And if you have no idea who Trogdor is I suggest you watch this.


No comments:

Post a Comment