"If you're the Queen of California, then baby I'm the King of the Rain."

-Counting Crows "Goodnight Elisabeth"

Saturday 17 September 2011

Impending

So I've been alerted to the fact that I haven't posted here in several days, and I don't really have an excuse for that. My original aim was to keep maintaining this every couple of days but it seems I've cocked up, or more likely have just been heading down a slippery slope into procrastination. Story of my life.

Tomorrow I'm working again (Boo) but one of my most disliked co-workers is leaving! (Yay) But I'm pushing trolleys around like some gormless troll (double boo) oh well, can't win em all..

Over the last week at work we've had an almost total refit of our confectionery department, before it was a few stands with sweets, preserves and crisps on, loomed over by other departments stock which had nowhere else to go - and now it's a brightly lit area with a nice new floor, new shelves and hopefully new stock. I haven't seen it since Friday evening when I was tasked with making an interesting display out of boxes of broken biscuits (I made a pyramid if anyone's curious). So I'm hoping it's christening today while I was on my day off hasn't already reduced it to detritus. I can but hope.

Monday sees me (hopefully) heading upstairs to my new part-time position, or at least finding out my hours for the near future, for which I am quietly optimistic; having been delayed several times over the last week and a half (I've blamed the delays on the refit, and the fact that I have little ground with which to be impatient) I'm hoping that Monday will be more fruitful than before.

Past that is my second driving lesson on Tuesday, which I am nervous for to say the least. My first driving lesson (as I detailed previously) was a big surprise compared to what I was expecting, and I was told that this week's lesson would be even more of a challenge. I don't mind challenges, but driving makes me nervous.

Come Tuesday evening though I shall be much more mellow, or as close to it as I ever get.

No comments:

Post a Comment